Sunday, September 20, 2009

My brother who taught me something today

Family is what I have. Though we don’t have a luxurious life and we can’t have what we have almost all the time, I am still happy that we are complete. Despite the imperfections of our family, I am still happy because I have them with me. I love my family so much and I can never let anyone hurt them. I can let people hurt me but not any of the members of my family. They mean so much to me.

I miss them so much. And just a few minutes ago, I received a call from my mother. She told me about the happenings in the house and told me that my youngest brother is sick. He vomited blood last night. It worries me so much that’s why I really wanted to go home. But the thing that amazes me much is that while he is sick, he took a rosary and wore it. That means one thing – he has FAITH. I remember when he was younger, I heard him wish death. I pitied him and hearing his words brought me to tears. My brother was born with a hydrocele testis. It is an accumulation of clear fluid in the most internal of membranes containing a testicle. It enlarges the scrotum due to the fluid in it. With such irregularity, it made his walking abnormal. He can’t walk the way normal people do. He grew up with the criticisms of the kids of his age. But the best attitude I have seen in my brother is that he never cares about what other people say. He never let his irregularity affect his social life. He plays with the normal kids and though others do tease him, he is strong enough to handle them. Though he is a very spoiled brat, I admire the very cheerful side of him. I know inside he was suffering but I never saw him cry because of his irregularity. That is the reason why I love him so much. He is sick today but with the faith in his heart, I know he will be healed. I also have faith that he will be healed. He is one of the reasons why I want to have a good life in the future so I could share it with him and to the rest of my family. Family is what I have. My friends may come and go but I know my family will not. I know that whatever happens, they will stay with me throw ups and downs. I thank God for them. There are really many reasons for us to be happy. We just have to look at the bright side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment